Debugging - Windows Error Reporting - TestWER (JIT Debugger Test)
TestWER tools: testwer.exe & testwer64.exe
• Acquire the TestWER tools.
• Run testwer.exe.
· In the window 'Test Windows Error Reporting':
· Check: ‘Software exception’
· Click the ‘lightning’ button.
· In the dialog box 'Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library', click: 'OK'
· In the dialog box 'Test Windows Error Reporting (former Test Default Debugger) Tool', click: 'Close the program'
· Ensure a dump of testwer.exe was created.
· The dump folder is defined by the existing WER debugger configuration.
· If no WER configuration exists, then Windows may create a dump elsewhere, or create no dump at all depending upon WER or JIT configuration.
• On an x64 node: Repeat this procedure using testwer64.exe in addition to testwer.exe.
Any external referenced material in this document is hyperlinked. Authors responsible for referenced work should be sought through the reference(s) listed.
I am Christopher Etter, a Professional Services consultant.
Because you are using this, I welcome you as my customer. These documents are free for you to use. I work diligently to serve you with material such as this. I would appreciate it if PSPRO (professionalservices.pro), my name, and this 'Credits' section remain attached to this work so that I accrue name recognition via your success and peer recommendation. Thank you very much, and I hope this document helps you solve your current information technology issue!